Thursday, October 31, 2013

Another Day in the Life of Kara

Hey, wow, it's been a long time.

Things have been crazy.

By crazy, of course I mean my every day ordinary life. So it's nothing to get worried about.

I guess we never take time enough to just sit down on the computer. Ok that's a lie. We never sit down long enough to mentally prepare ourselves to write a blog. That's better.

What is it about writing blogs that scares this family so much?

I don't know but all I do know is that it takes a lot of time. And time is precious. Because we only have 24 hours in a day. And only seven days a week. Did you know there are only 52 weeks in a year? Yeah. And it's November already. Yeesh.

So what's going on here... Hmmm.... Well, just the ordinary daily happenings. For me, it's quiet time with God and me.... and coffee. :) Then school @ 8 or 8:30. Break-then lunch- after that it depends on the week. Today I happen to be visiting my mentor. Hannah. (Hi Hannah!)

Hannah and Florence (sorry it's not the best pic)
I'm really grateful for this woman of the Lord. She has impacted me greatly, guided me from what guidance she can give me from the Holy Spirit, and prayed over me through some rough areas of my life.

Yeah- betcha didn't know that an MK's life is hard, huh? Well, it is. But thankfully God enables us to be able to step back for a little bit and view our life in a different perspective. Then we can see the big picture and know everything is not just what it seems, and everything is worth the cost- if the prize is Jesus Christ. I was just reading a little figurative comparison of our life to an embroidered cloth, that came from Corrie Ten Boom. She was saying something like, 'we almost always view our life from the side of the cloth that has all the knots and tangles in it, but the picture is so much more beautiful if we view it from the embroidered side, where the colorful picture comes to life.' Yes, in this life we can see the colors, we know that God is "stitching" all things together for His Glory, but unless we come to the realization that there's another perspective to be seen, we might never fully appreciate our life for what it is.

Anyway. These times with Hannah seem to strengthen me a little bit each time I go. It's good to talk to people and open up, because then you're not pressing everything inside that was meant to be shared. Thanks Mom and Dad for being there for me too.

Our Basketball Ebenezer family
(Top Row: John, Joel, Augustine, Irene, Johnny, Joshua, Joseph
Bottom Row: Devin, Me, Grace, Dad, Micah, Alice, Mom
If anyone has a burden to pray- you can pray for strength, peace and rest for me. I'm still adjusting to this new time in my life where I'm now sharing my home with five boys- four 'adopted' and one biological. It's still a great leap for me, and I'm now struggling with sharing my family which I hadn't been at the beginning of the year- and also trying to find some peace and rest in this now chaotic life of mine.

In Christ Alone,
Kara



1 comment:

  1. Love you, girl! Good to hear your blog word for us. :) You know I'm praying!

    ReplyDelete