Thursday, September 30, 2010

Musana Camps



Camp? Campfire? S'mores? Uganda? Who knew? We just got back from Musana Camp yesterday(Uganda time) and are already missing our friends that live there. But no worries! They are coming back to New Hope in about a week. When we really will miss them is when they go back to camp! One person had brought biscuits, chocolate, and marshmallows to camp and we had S'mores over the campfire!
Musana Camps have a trail down to Lake Victoria, and three trails down to the same stream. The first trail leads down to the beginning of the stream. It bubbles out of the ground and is one of the sources of the Nile. The second one the men go down to bathe, because the camp was running low on water. The third one was not a fun trip.
Before I talk about it, let me introduce. . . DRIVER ANTS!!! I know, some of you are probably thinking, "Whats so bad about Driver Ants?" First, let me say whats bad about them. They bite you and it bleeds and it hurts. Whats good about them is that they go in a line like cars and almost all the time, unless they blend in or go under something, you can see them so you can avoid them and not get bitten.
Now, for the story. One of our friends came along with us to the third part. On the way down my dad didn't see them and I almost walked through them. I warned everyone and after I saw them my dad kept a better watch and found some more. We must of walked through them because when we got past them my sister got bit. On the way back up no one got bit, although I almost did, but it was more of a adventure.
The last weeks have been very fun. I've played with friends and other stuff. Uganda itself is fun, except for Jiggers and Driver Ants.
Micah Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment