Thursday, June 9, 2011

Malaria.



Three weeks ago was our anniversary for being in Uganda for a year, and after one year without the 'dreaded' disease, I finally come down with it. The day after our anniversary I get Malaria ( which is pretty ironic since it was the day after our anniversary for being here in Uganda).
I came down with a high fever on Thursday, and the next day I got tested for Malaria and it came out to be POSITIVE!!! We got medications for it and I started taking it RIGHT AWAY!!! That night I threw up once. On Saturday my dad and my sister went to Kampala for the day. Our whole family was supposed to go but with me having Malaria I couldn't go so my mom stayed home with me. The next day, Sunday, I felt a little bit better but I was still sick and I still had to take the medications. Then on Monday my mom and my sister caught the stomach flu. The next few days all three of us were sick until that weekend when we all got better. While I was sick though, our cats seemed to know. They lay down on the blanket that was covering me and were very affectionate.
The next two weeks were regular. On Tuesdays we went down to the family group, on Sundays we went to church, and on the weekdays we did school. Now we are planning a trip to Entebbe with the Brittons, a family we know. So far we have worked out that my parents will leave on Thursday to go to Entebbe and they will stay the night there on Thursday night and Friday night while my sister and I stay home. Then on Saturday my sister and I will go in with the Brittons and meet my parents. Then we will all, all, including the Brittons, swim in a pool in a Hotel called Lake Victoria Hotel. After that we will stay in a Guesthouse for the night. Then the next day, Sunday, we drive back home.
Thank you all for praying for us. The rainy season is almost over, but our cistern has already overflowed. Please pray for here though, as one family group is having problems. Thank you for your prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment