Friday, October 7, 2011

More Basketball... Obviously I'm obsessed.



(Written October 7th 2011)

Ok, maybe I'm not obsessed. Maybe some other people are but I'm just goin' with the flow. Let's start with the last tournament...
Everyone's probably wondering how I got into the tournament last time, to make a somehow long story short (actually a short story even shorter), Dad just got the permission from all the coaches that were there, and I could play. This was all by the urging of U. Sam and A. Eunice, two of our teachers (somehow...). The tournament went well, though I was so surprised and unready I'm afraid I didn't do too well...
Back to this past worship night. I ended up not doing the rap, I actually lead two songs and accompanied the leader with the other English ones! Thank God for His strength... I gave it my all and got a lot of compliments, so I know I did my best for Him!
This past week has been primarily like this (excluding meals); wake up, school, basketball, home. Monday-Friday. We had the Bouffards over for dinner on Wednesday, we had one of our girls over for her birthday dinner on Thursday, and mom went on a women's retreat Friday through Sunday, she arrived last night (Sunday night). On Saturday, we went to Mukono for a friendly match with a school there. It was a lot of fun, I played on the girls team again and I gotta say, I'm a lot more confident on asphalt or cement then I was on maram (dirt). The first game the girls played we lost by four points, two baskets. It was a close game all the way. The first game the school did all their younger players I think, that's why it was so close, then they did their older players in the second game. We scored like, 24? or something like that and they had 47 I think. Kinda embarrassing but it was because none of our girls knew how to defend a fast break, where there is one or two girls down on offense and when that team gets the ball they throw it down and do a 'fast break' and there's no one to stop them. I skinned my ankle but that's about it, nothing to it. And I got sunburned really bad because of Jensen... Jensen if you ever read this it's your fault I'm so red! You told me you guys didn't bring any sunblock so I gave it up but later your sister handed me some of yours! ALL YOUR FAULT! It's all his fault. Maybe it's my fault too because I didn't put our sunblock outside like I was supposed to, but we won't go into that.
I'm sitting here writing this and it's dark outside, and I mean DARK. Like the dark you get when there's a really big storm almost on top of you, that kind of dark. Probably because there's a storm almost on top of us. Thundering and blowing up a gale and such and such... We'll probably get a bit wet on this one, but we'll see. I'm hoping it doesn't empty buckets or pour waterfalls, or even rain cats and dogs because I would like to play on a mostly un-wet basketball court at 4:10, in forty-five minutes or so.
Yesterday was independence day, sorry, Ugandan independence day. We had an awesome service, worship time (I was the backup leader with this other girl, leading for him with most of the New Hope Academy Secondary Students behind us. We had a ball dancing to the Luganda songs), testimony (the guy spoke in French and Uncle Roger, a French name by-the-way, translated into Luganda), service type-thing by Uncle Jones, and fellowship as everyone piddled out. I say piddled out because most of the people stick around and talk afterwords, some people leave. Then they all kinda piddle out. Weird description I know, but you know....
So we'll see if we get rain. Thanks for all the prayers I'm sure have been praying... Continue praying for me, and our car because it's not starting, my dad's in the driver's seat trying to start it but it's not going. We are tempted to go and sell the junky thing... We've had to replace almost everything engine-wise... I think... That's what I understand at least..... And pray for our trip this week because it's Mr. Two Days Until Half-way To Ninety's birthday on Wednesday (he doesn't like it when I say that, I love teasing people! That name makes him seem old...) And for our family, and extended-in-Uganda family (our family group) and um.......................................
That's it. Phew, my fingers are getting tired.

Kara P.

No comments:

Post a Comment