Monday, September 5, 2011

Back from Kenya.

We got back from a fun trip in Kenya a week from yesterday (last post). Kara and I then did mini school for four days. We also enjoyed playing basketball during the week. On Saturday my dad had to go to Kampala to teach the IYs at the Brown's house, who (the Browns) have been and are living in Kampala. So I went with him to play with Joel Brown. We went to a pool and swam until lunchtime and then went back, ate lunch, and then played until 3:00.
At 3:00 my dad and I started back to New Hope, and still didn't get back till 6:00. Then at 6:30 we started supper because our family group was supposed to come at 7:30. But then, when we were almost done with supper, at 7:00, they showed up early. So we just said fine, set up the movie, and started it and ate our supper elsewhere. Then the next day, after the church service, there was a basketball game with the secondary students against the staff. One of the taller players for the secondary students dunked twice and was very proud of himself.
Today, and this week, we have school. Right now I am done with school, and as soon as I finish typing this, Kara and I are going to play Basketball. Thank you all for your prayers, everything is going almost perfect. My mom got bit and scratched by the Anderson's (a family that we know) cat. It might have gotten infected but she went to the clinic and it should be okay soon. Keep praying for that and for anything else that might show up!

Micah
Peterson.

No comments:

Post a Comment