Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Among Friends

Wow, it is so good to be back here in Clay Center! It's been so awesome seeing all the old friends, people I've known my whole life. But it's also been weird because all my age-mates are all grown up, which means I'm grown up too, but still- I've missed three years and when that happens, people change!!! Oh well, it's all cool. I've especially loved hanging around my BFIKAML (Best Friend I've Known All My Life), Audrey, at the rodeo, her house, church... It's funny seeing her now after years of being away, but yet, she's still the same old Audrey. :D That's the awesome thing about good friends. They don't change on you, well, not entirely at least. 
We've also got to have dinner with the Clay Center 2011 November Team. Long name, I'll shorten it to the CCNT 2011. Better. Whatever anyway. Unfortunately, the whole team wasn't there for more reasons than one. But it was great for me to see Emily again, HI Emily! :) She's probably reading this and grinning. Check that, now she's laughing. :D
We also got to hang out with the Wallace's at their swimming pool. Larry's parents' swimming pool. I remember swimming there a long long time ago. Thanks for inviting us Tracy! It was fun! 

Now, I can't forget the Kelleys. They have been an amazing, fun second family to us. Micah loves being with his best friend again, all the time almost. Even though Jairus IS almost a head taller, and a bit solider than him. I'm also amazed at how much Anna has grown up since we've been gone. I keep marveling at that. And it was awesome to meet Abby, their newest adopted little girl. We hang around their house all the time, talking and playing... And it's been fun jumping on their trampoline! It's been a long time since I've jumped on one of those! But I still am able to do my flips and handsprings and stuff! Yey!
Well... I kinda wish we could be here for longer then we're going to be... But for now, I'll just have to enjoy the ride. It's good to be among friends again.


                              Kara

"...but there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24

No comments:

Post a Comment